Wednesday, May 21, 2008

any comments?

At Hallie's nine month check up the doctor told us that she can now have cows milk. Basically she can eat any food except honey and peanuts. He said that they have been too strict with limiting them to a year and it doesn't cause allergies to start them at nine months. Funny though, they told me to hold off with baby cereal until six months instead of four. Everything seems to be changing even since Porter was a baby.

7 comments:

Wanderingfamilies said...

I think they have been really strict with the whole cows milk thing, because let's be honest: formula is cows milk! So how does that work?! I just read an article about waiting until 6 months before introducing any foods, including rice cereal...I think it's fine...and that is what I will do, everything except honey for sure...

Amy said...

Yeah! I can feel so much better about starting Lily with cows milk at nine months! She was just so tired of formula, but she needed something, so... :)

Rachael said...

check out my blog so you can see the Thomas pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Gees, it's hard to keep up with what kids can and can't have because it seems to change with each pregnancy! I'm glad to hear that though because our baby is 10 months and I've been looking forward to giving her regular milk.

Ellie said...

i am a little more strict when it comes to giving my kids the solids, rice cereal and milk. but, i have noticed that it depends on the doctor. my first doc was very laid back (too much for me) when i moved my 2nd doc was inbetween and now that i have switched again i find this doc is intune with more of what i would like. i don't think i would start my kids on cows milk until the 12months though. i am still a firm believer until i have read up on it first.

Pam said...

Formula has more vitamins and things that the infants need. Also if allergies are a problem you should hold off. Read up as much as you can and then see what you think is best.

Tammy said...

I say, do what you want and don't worry about it unless you have other kids with allergies. Honey is definitely bad, but do what is easiest. Cow's milk is cheaper than formula, but my kids are lactose intolerant. Makes life tough.