Saturday, April 19, 2008

I HATE it when my kids get hurt!!


I just HATE it when my kids get hurt. Today Porter ran into a metal chair and got this nice doozy. I just took him to the insta care but they told me that they could sew it up, but if it were their kid they would have the plastic surgeon at UVRMC do it, because it is on his face and that is what they specialize in. So, I went over there and the nurse says,"I don't know what doctor would recommend a plastic surgeon for that, I'll just butterfly or derma glue it." Well, if that was the case, I will just take him to his doctor, because his office has an after hours clinic and I wouldn't have to pay for the ER visit. So, after all that I ended up at the after hours doctor in orem. It was the saddest thing ever! I had to hold Porter down while he was screaming,"Mom, they are hurting me, let me go, they are hurting me." with big tears down his cheek. and if you know porter, he is a tuff kid and is "big and strong". But now he is all sewn up. I took him to Wal-Mart and let him pick anything he wanted, he chose something that was "hundreds of dollars" he said.


9 comments:

Keri said...

OUCH!! What happened??

Tim & Nancy said...

That is so sad. Poor guy.

Cory and Melissa Jorgensen said...

That is so sad! I am sorry that he got hurt. What happened? Oh, I tried to create my background and was having some troubles. I will have to get some help!

brookiebaby said...

Oh, so sad! But from the sounds of it, you should have got a treat from Wal-mart too for being a tough mommy and going through that! I'm sure it was so hard!!! I'm so sorry that it didn't work out to see you guys when you were here. I hope that it worked out and you had fun! Also, I loved you and Jessie's pages so much that I downloaded my own Shabby Princess, but I don't know how to put it on my blog. I just have the jpg files. Any tips???
Thanks! and I hope that porter is feeling better and heals fast! If it does scar a little, it can just be something to add to his tough-ness! :) My brother Jordan can testify to that! :)

MVP Family said...

So being a mom of boys is always an adventure,but when they get hurt you just wish it was you! I am so sorry about Porter and you are such a good Mom to let him pick out a toy to get his mind of the pain.

Joel and Jessie said...

Poor Porter...but on a lighter not I love your blog!!! It is so cute! Jessie

Wanderingfamilies said...

Ouch! Oh my goodness! That is a nasty one!

Mardi and Jeremey said...

Poor guy. That is quite the cut. What a dramatic ordeal too. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Tammy said...

So SAD! So I had to do that to Broc last August. He had a shopping cart fall and slice open his mouth on the inside and the outside. It was pretty big so I took him to the doc. I am wishing I hadn't because they tried twice to stab him with a needle and numb it, but it wouldn't numb. Then they just did the stitches without the pain meds, with Broc screaming for mercy the entire time. I thought I was going to puke!! I almost passed out actually. Next time I will just forget the doctor's office. It would have healed fine without all that torture. it still makes me sick to think about it now!